Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Leopard Connection...SUXX!

After spending days figuring out why my external USB hard drives were unable to used with my Leopard-Loaded-Apple-Powerbook. People have just began to take notice of this problems at here , there and everywhere. Especially when this one which is posted at the Coolermaster website where most of my portable hard drives enclosures are made from.

coolermaster-sata-usb-issue.jpg

And then today i happen to stumble upon this website. It has a link to a updated USB driver for the Leopard issue. So thinking that i've nothing to loose, i've decided to give it a try.

ftdichip.jpg

AND THEN IT WORKED! Now the system can detected my thumbdrives and external USB portable hard disk BUT....

usb-hdd.jpg

thumbdrive.jpg

...the one with the dual connectors (SATA & USB) hard drives enclosure still did not work. The worse has yet to come. Just before i decide to log off and go to bed and try it one more time to conclude my findings, the thumbdrives and hard drives couldn't be detected by the system again! After i rebooted my Powerbook and gave it one last try, i managed to get them to work but thereafter i'm too tired to try again. I am going to bed after this posting, will do more research until Apple (or whoever is responsible for this), gets it fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment