Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I owe NLB, S$3.80, since 1996!?

2007-09-18_NLB_fine

I received this mail from the National Library Board (NLB) reminding me of an outstanding fine which i borrowed 11 years ago, yes, freaking 11 donkey years ago! Although it is only S$3.80, i still couldn't believe the crap that this is more like an overdue reminder. Is the NLB pulling a fast one because they are low on funds after building too many libraries??? I don't care and i don't want to know. So i called them and they said i borrowed it from Tampines library at that time and for their info, i stayed in Marine Parade and there is a library there, i wouldn't need to travel all the way to Tampines to borrow a book entitled "CEO:building a $400 million company....". The customer service told me i have to inform and report the lost of the library card but how in the @#!*ing world would i remember something 11 years ago, moreover it is only a library card, not like they can use it to smuggle drugs or illegal immigrants. The customer service said they will look into my case BUT i still have to pay the S$3.80. What the @#;* !!! I told to terminate whatever or wherever the card is. Then they said they will assign my IC as my library card. I just hung up the phone right after that. What a "scam"!!!

( fyi...i know of friends who received these reminders too, so i ain't alone on this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment